Podman Release 1.1.1
Podman has gone 1.1.1!
After releasing Podman v1.1.0 a number of miscellaneous changes and several bug fixes
focusing on command line options and parsing were added.
All the details follow!
- Fixed a bug where podman container restore was erroneously available as podman restore #2191
- Fixed a bug where the volume_path option in libpod.conf was not being respected
- Fixed a bug where Podman failed to build when the varlink tag was not present #2459
- Fixed a bug where the podman image load command was listed twice in help text
- Fixed a bug where the podman image sign command was also listed as podman sign
- Fixed a bug where the podman image list command incorrectly had an image alias
- Fixed a bug where the podman images command incorrectly had ls and list aliases
- Fixed a bug where the podman image rm command was being displayed as podman image rmi
- Fixed a bug where the podman create command would attempt to parse arguments meant for the container
- Fixed a bug where the combination of FIPS mode and user namespaces resulted in permissions errors
- Fixed a bug where the –time alias for –timeout for the podman restart and podman stop commands did not function
- Fixed a bug where the default stop timeout for newly-created containers was being set to 0 seconds (resulting in an immediate SIGKILL on running podman stop)
- Fixed a bug where the output format of podman port was incorrect, printing full container ID instead of truncated ID
- Fixed a bug where the podman container list command did not exist
- Fixed a bug where podman build could not build a container from images tagged locally that did not exist in a registry #2469
- Fixed a bug where some Podman commands that accept no arguments would not error when provided arguments
- Fixed a bug where podman play kube could not handle cases where a pod and a container shared a name
- Usage text for many commands was greatly improved
- Major cleanups were made to Podman manpages, ensuring that command lists are accurate
- Greatly improved debugging output when the newuidmap and newgidmap binaries fail when using rootless Podman
- The -s alias for the global –storage-driver option has been removed
- The podman container refresh command has been deprecated, as its intended use case is no longer relevant. The command has been hidden and manpages deleted. It will be removed in a future release
- The podman container runlabel command will now pull images not available locally even without the –pull option. The –pull option has been deprecated
- The podman container checkpoint and podman container restore commands are now only available on OCI runtimes where they are supported (e.g. runc)
As always, please visit our release notes on GitHub to see the full changelog.
You can find instructions for installing Podman here